Friday, July 27, 2012

Creative Self Reflection

My Multicultural Education professor assigned a Creative Self Reflection Project due this past week.  She asked us to pick a medium that was not easy for us and do something a little different.  We had to talk about something that changed the course of our lives. Through a lot of thinking, I finally decided to write about when I moved to America. I wrote a poem.

I guess let me know what you think. She actually loved it; she asked me to read it twice.  I never learned how to write a poem before, but I understand theres no rules... Anyway... enjoy:



Little girl
Just 5 years old
Had two homes all her life
An apartment in Queens, New York
And one in war torn Beirut
One without her father
But also without fear
The other one with her family
But also full of tears
And then one day
her mother said
Enough’s enough and moved
To the land of the free
And the home of the brave
Where cars don't go boom

No comments:

Post a Comment